Sunday, September 9, 2007

This Week's Playlist: All the LaVette You Can Get

I can’t believe it’s been a week since I put anything up here. I certainly did a few things – had a great phone interview with Betty LaVette for one thing. I’m sure I’ll write about that at some point, and there’ll certainly be a piece in USA Today about it. I guess I just didn’t make the time to post.

But I’m determined to keep my playlist up to date. So here’s the new and recent stuff I’ve been listening to for the past week.

1. Bettye LaVette, The Scene of the Crime (Anti/Epitaph)
2. Hard Fi, Once Upon a Time in the West (Atlantic)
3. Ike & Tina Turner, The Ike & Tina Story: 1960-1975 (Time Life)
4. Kane Welch Kaplin, Kane Welch Kaplin (Dead Reckoning/Compass)
5. Kenny Chesney, Just Who I Am: Poets and Pirates (BNA)
6. Dwight Yoakam, Dwight Sings Buck (New West)
7. Bruce Springsteen, “Radio Nowhere” (Columbia)
8. The Redwalls, The Redwalls (Mad Dragon)
9. David Crowder Band, Remedy (INO)
10. John Ralston, Sorry Vampire (Vagrant)

No comments: