Saturday, July 14, 2007

Getting Church-ed

My feature on Eric Church ran Friday in USA Today. If you read it, feel free to leave a comment there (or here) and be sure to click "Recommend."

Here's one bit that didn't make the article: Eric says he's been running into lots of people with Eric Church tattoos lately, including two girls who had the melody to "How 'Bout You" inked around their ankles.

"I don't know any other new country artist who's run into as many tattoos as we have," Eric says. "We're up to double digits now - people tattooing the album title on themselves or tattooing my name. Yeah, you get Johnny Cash tattooed, but to be the age I am and having 21-year-old kids out there saying, 'You're my guy, and, here, i'm going to show you you're my guy by getting a tattoo,' that's just not normal."

I think he kind of likes it, though.

No comments: